After your vehicle has been polished (paint correction) and protected with a wax or ceramic coating service it is important to take a proactive role in maintaining the condition of your vehicle. Coated vehicles are much easier to maintain, especially since you will not need to frequently polish or wax the paint in order to keep it protected from the elements. However, it is important to note that no ceramic coating is bullet proof and the finish will begin to degrade if neglected or improperly cared for.
Here are some tips that will help you keep your vehicle looking its best for as long as possible:
Recommended maintenance procedure for our coatings:
Washing at Home Method:
5 gallon pail Wheel cleaner
Grit guard Old wash mitt/brush for cleaning wheels
High quality high lubricating soap Microfiber towels for wiping out door jams
Soft microfiber wash mitt Larger soft microfiber drying towel
Leaf blower (works great for drying)
*Grit guard is a plastic screen/grate that sits in your pail and traps debris keeping your wash water cleaner.
1. One at a time rinse your wheels, spray wheel cleaner, scrub and rinse thoroughly.
2. Rinse your vehicle thoroughly from top down ensuring that you're pushing dirt and dust down off your vehicle and onto the ground.
3. Use the recommended directions on soap bottle to mix your bucket of soapy water. Start with one section at a time and wash from top down, left to right motion gently with little to no pressure wash your vehicle.
4. Do not allow soap to dry, you may have to rinse each section after scrubbing.
5. If you have a leaf blower use it now to dry the majority of the vehicle off and don't forget all the cracks/crevasses around mirrors, handles, window trim, emblems, etc.
6. Finish drying with your microfiber drying towel. Make sure to dab not wipe as back and forth wiping motion may cause unwanted marring.
Maintaining your vehicle using safe wash methods, as described above, will help you preserve a flawless finish and extend the useful life of your ceramic coating for years of enjoyment.
We have wash kits filled with the products we use to be purchased along with a Maintenance Program for our existing customers to take part in.
If you have any questions about maintaining your vehicle’s finish or anything related to car care please feel free to send us an email to address your specific concern; email@example.com